Ten Agreements I wrote based off “The Ten Commandments.”
1. No Other Gods Before Me: We agree not to allow the manmade gods of ego, greed, envy, arrogance and religious superiority to represent Divinity or diminish the Divinity of other beings.
2. Graven Images: We agree to free ourselves from deeply engraved beliefs that don’t resonate with our core values of equality, compassion, dignity and respect.
3. Taking the Name of God in Vain: We agree not to use the name of God or Divinity to harm others with human vanity and conceit.
4. Keeping the Sabbath: We agree to set aside time each week to honor ourselves holistically and fulfill our spiritual needs.
5. Honor thy Mother and Father: We agree to honor all the things that sustain and nourish life — water, animals, people, trees, plants, the eco-system and Mother Earth.
6. Thou Shall Not Murder: We agree to remain aware that people can murdered spiritually and emotionally through mindless behavior, betrayal of trust or reckless speech.
7. Adultery: We agree not to allow ourselves to be adulterated (tainted, contaminated and debased in value) by toxic influences from within or without.
8. Stealing: We agree to be mindful of any actions that may rob another person of their self-worth, equal rights, moment to shine or time to speak.
9. False Witness: We agree to remain consciously aware of the damage caused by misleading, manipulative and duplicitous speech.
10. Coveting: We agree to cultivate the realm that is unique to each of us and not covet that which does not belong to us and was not intended to be ours.
©️ Sacred SoulSongs 2020